Truth be told we live in a throw away society and our life sustaining environment is deteriorating as a result. These earrings are the realization of a long held artistic vision of creating thought provoking, but wearable pieces of jewelry fabricated from discarded items. While not obvious, the perfectly imperfect leaf castings were once plastic leaves gathered from a found artificial plant. Used in a similar manner as wax during the casting process, the leaves burned away in my kiln and were replaced with reclaimed silver. The incomplete formation of the oxidized leaves reminds us that our environment, with all its awe inspiring beauty, may soon wither and die because of our carelessness. The gemstones birthed from the womb of mother earth are treasures from both land and sea.
• Perfectly, imperfect partially leaves from a found plastic plant, umbra sapphires, and fossilized coral. Eco-friendly recycled 14k gold and sterling silver.
• Mismatched, but complimentary, these earring have attached sterling silver hook style ear wires that hang from the middle of the top leaf for a secure well balanced fit.
• Earrings measures approximately 3 1/4" long and are a comfortable weight.
• One of a kind & ready to ship!
Ships within 1 - 2 business days!
While others might discard these incomplete castings, I delight in discovering the beauty in what many...
• Raw ametrines and cast orchid blooms from the real thing• Eco-friendly recycled 14k gold, sterling and fine...
$ 340.00 - Sold Out
• Stunning dendritic agates measuring 1 7/8" long x 1/2" wide have been thoughtfully paired...
$ 297.00 - Sold Out
• Melody stones, Herkimer diamond crystals, and 14k gold accents swing and sparkle with every move. • Eco-friendly...