Truth be told we live in a throw away society and our life sustaining environment is deteriorating as a result. These earrings are the realization of a long held artistic vision of creating thought provoking, but wearable pieces of jewelry fabricated from discarded items. While not obvious, the perfectly imperfect leaf castings were once plastic leaves gathered from a found artificial plant. Used in a similar manner as wax during the casting process, the leaves burned away in my kiln and were replaced with reclaimed silver. The incomplete formation of the oxidized leaves reminds us that our environment, with all its awe inspiring beauty, may soon wither and die because of our carelessness. The gemstones birthed from the womb of mother earth are treasures from both land and sea.
• Perfectly, imperfect partially leaves from a found plastic plant, umbra sapphires, and fossilized coral. Eco-friendly recycled 14k gold and sterling silver.
• Mismatched, but complimentary, these earring have attached sterling silver hook style ear wires that hang from the middle of the top leaf for a secure well balanced fit.
• Earrings measures approximately 3 1/4" long and are a comfortable weight.
• One of a kind & ready to ship!
Ships within 1 - 2 business days!
• Natural Montana agates & golden tourmaline briolettes• Eco-friendly recycled sterling• Earrings are approximately 2.75" long• One of...
• Agate Creek agate cabochons• Eco-friendly recycled sterling & fine silver • Earrings are approximately 2" in...
• Natural amethyst, watermelon tourmaline, 10mm rough diamond nuggets, golden rutile quartz, little Herkimer diamonds,...
• Fossilized coral, black rutile quartz and natural ruby • Eco-friendly recycled 14k gold and sterling silver.•...